1. Tell Us one interesting Event that happened during the Year you were Born.
There seemed to be a lot of bad news the year I was born, but one amazing thing was a woman ran on a major political party’s presidential ticket for the first time.
2. Did you grow up in a City, Town or Village and what was it like.
I grew up in a very small town. I loved living in the country and all the freedoms it offered, but was glad to explore once I was older. I still love small town life.
3. What is your Family Dynamic like?
I have a big family. Both of my parents came from big families as well. I am of mixed race, Mexican, Native American, and Caucasian. Living in the south, in the United States, I kind of had the best of both worlds, especially where food was involved. Some days we’d have fried pork chops and homemade flour tortillas. The house was always filled with noise and delicious smells.
4. What is one odd thing you Collect.
I think this is odd, but probably mugs. I drink a lot of tea so I like having options!
5. If you could tell your 10 year old self something what would it be?
You are beautiful the way you are made. You are smart. You are worthy.
6. Tell Us about a Childhood Moment that helped to define who you are.
I faced a lot of racism growing up, so I didn’t have a lot of friends and spent most of my time reading. Things eventually got better, but those experiences molded me in many ways.
About Your Work
1. As a ratio, what is your completion rate on your written work?
I definitely have more books unfinished than complete! I’m working on it though.
2. What has been your favourite piece to write so far? (Finished or Unfinished)
Of course, I love my first book baby, The Darkness Trilogy, but I really have enjoyed working on my upcoming release, The Sacrifice of Ava Black. I feel like I have come into myself as an author and honed my writing style.
3. Who would you say has been the biggest personal encouragement to your decision to be a writer?
My family as a whole, but mostly my mother. She is the storyteller of our family.
4. Tell us of one time when you were most distracted while writing and what happened.
I feel like that is an everyday occurrence for me if I am being honest. If it is too much, I step away from what I am doing. There is no point, to me, to try and pump out words when I’m not really focused.
5. What is the Type/Genre of Writing you enjoy the most?
Paranormal. It’s a genre that I have always read so it just made sense for me to write it. I do hope to finish my Fantasy book one day, though.
6. If you could guess what your current total word count would be, what do you think it is and do you think anyone beside yourself has ever read it all?
Oh wow, maybe over 300,000. And, no, no one else had read most of these projects.
About Your Current Work In Progress
1. Who is the Main Character(s)
2. Describe the Setting of the Work and the type/genre it would be considered.
It’s modern setting that takes place in small town Alabama in the United States. It’s a paranormal thriller with a dash of fantasy and romance.
3. What do you think is the most important message through the work you are trying to tell.
I don’t know if there is a message. I just hope people enjoy the story. If they take anything away while reading my books then I hope it’s the concept of everyday people are capable of amazing things.
4. What feedback have you had about the work so far.
So far, it’s been well received from my ARC readers.
5. Could you see it being made into something for TV.
Oh, for sure. I would love to see Ava and all the other characters brought to life.
6. What is its current Word Count and how many Edits, Drafts has it already been through.
It’s nearly 80,000 words. I probably have rewritten this book about three times and it has had about that many edits.
7. (Open Mic) A Massive Thank You for taking the time for this. The Open Mic is for you to include anything you would like to add. We would also welcome a Picture to include but not essential and also links if you wish to include any.
Thanks for the opportunity to share a little about myself and my work! The Sacrifice of Ava Black is set for release on July 20, 2021. If you would like to pre-order here is the link:
Also, if anyone would like to connect, here is my website: